Raspberry Basil Limoncello
- 1 Pint Fresh Raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 12 Fresh Basil Leaves, roughly torn, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 Lemon, cut into sixths, plus wheels for garnish
- 1/4 C. Simple Syrup*, chilled (more if you prefer the cocktail a little sweeter.)
- 2 oz. Limoncello
- 4 oz. Citron Vodka
- Crushed Ice
- Sparkling Rose Wine, chilled
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine the raspberries, basil, lemons & simple syrup in a sm. pitcher & muddle till the raspberries are mashed. Add the Limoncello & Vodka. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 min. to allow the flavours to meld. Put crushed ice into glasses & add some of the raspberry mixture. Fill to the top with sparkling wine. Garnish with lemon, fresh raspberries & basil sprigs if desired.
*Simple syrup can be made by mixing together equal parts sugar & water then boiling together for at least 7 min., stirring constantly then cooling to room temp.