Sizzling Shrimp Tacos w/ Red Cabbage Slaw
the crunch and acidity in the slaw compliments the spice of the shrimp in this delicious taco.
- Sizzling Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry (30/50 count)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ancho (or other) chili powder
- corn tortillas
- 1 T grapeseed or other cooking oil
- Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup + 2T fresh cilantro (coriander), chopped
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 oz grated queso fresco
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Red Cabbage Slaw
Remove worn outer leaves on cabbage. Leaving stem on cut in half lengthwise through stem. Using a mandolin or expert knife skills, shred cabbage at about 1/8" to 1/4" thickness. Toss cabbage in bowl with juice of one lime and 1/3c chopped cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate while you cook the shrimp.
Heat a 10"+ skillet on medium high heat. Heat a griddle on another burner for tortillas. Mix spices together in a small ramekin. Toss shrimp with a 1 to 2 tsp of oil. Sprinkle on spices gradually while tossing shrimp until all shrimp are well coated.
Begin warming tortillas on griddle - they should take about 30s to 1 minute per side - just don't burn them because they can smell up a house pretty quick.
Add remaining teaspoon of oil to pan and spread it around to coat the bottom. Throw in the shrimp and spread to a single layer-- they should be sizzling right now. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip them individually starting in the hottest part of the pan and working your way out to the edges. Cook for another two minutes.
Top tortilla with 5 to 7 shrimp. Stack on slaw and top with grated cheese and chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Potato and Vegetable Enchiladas 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- APPLESAUCE COOKIES 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Foil Baked Cabbage 3.9/5 (61 Votes)
- Butter Poached Sous Vide Lobster 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Crab Stuffed... 4/5 (30 Votes)
- Purple Cabbage Salad 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi -- Cheesecake Factory 4/5 (38 Votes)
- Asian Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)