Pear-Cranberry Crisp With Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 3 pounds ripe Anjou pears - (abt 5) peeled, cored, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely-ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) melted, cooled
- Cinnamon Ice Cream (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss pears, cranberries, and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to 11- by 7- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Mix flour, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl. Add butter; using fork, stir until moist clumps form. Sprinkle topping over fruit in dish.
Bake crisp 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
This recipe yields 8 servings.