SloCooker Beef and Broccoli PRINT
Published: May 19, 2013
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice (brown rice, or riced cauliflower)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar/honey, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stove with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.