Double Wicked Fudge Cake
This fudge cake is so wicked it's almost too good! Dark chocolate is decadent enough for a special occasion, but you’re sure to be tempted more often!
- 1 (4 ounce) package Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour two 9 inch round pans.
Microwave chocolate, 1/2 cup sugar and water in large microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool.
Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
Beat butter and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each until well blended.
Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Add chocolate mixture and vanilla; mix well.
Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Cool in pans 10 minutes.
Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
Fill and frost with chocolate frosting.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Cube Steak & Gravy 4/5 (148 Votes)
- Beef Stew (Pressure Cooker) 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Clean Banana Bread 4.4/5 (115 Votes)
- Pineapple Dream Cake 4.4/5 (125 Votes)
- Texas Pecan Pie Pound Cake 3.8/5 (377 Votes)
- Crack Cake 3.8/5 (368 Votes)
- Hershey's Extreme Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (105 Votes)
Review this recipe