Hershey's Extreme Chocolate Cake
Here’s a cake for the extreme chocolate lover. Either you are one or you know one! Split the layers to make more room for the rich chocolate frosting.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla Mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
Stir in the boiling water by hand.
Pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
Cream butter until light and fluffy.
Stir in cocoa and confectioners' sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla. Beat to a spreading consistency.
Split the layers of cooled cake horizontally. Cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate. Frost the outside of the cake.
You'll also love
- American Potato Salad 4.6/5 (85 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 3.9/5 (147 Votes)
- German Cheesecake 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Cookies and Cream Cake 4.1/5 (121 Votes)
- Baker's Original German Chocolate... 3.7/5 (405 Votes)
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding 4.2/5 (92 Votes)
- PB2 Frozen PB Cups 4.1/5 (113 Votes)