- 6 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice (or medium-grain white rice)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (abt 3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring broth to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover to keep warm.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups hot broth; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender, about 35 minutes.
Stir in cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in parsley, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Season risotto with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 6 first-course or 4 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)