Steak & Egg Panini
In our version of the classic pairing of steak and eggs, we tuck slices of rib-eye steak, scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese between slices of sourdough bread, then grill the sandwiches to crisp perfection.
- 2 rib-eye steaks, each about 12 ounces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 12 slices sourdough bread, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce for serving (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat an electric panini press to high (400°F) according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the panini press. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into strips 1/4 inch wide.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, chives, salt and pepper. In a nonstick fry pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Add the egg mixture and, using a silicone spatula, stir frequently until soft curds form, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the scrambled eggs from the heat.
Reduce the heat on the panini press to medium (350°F). Brush one side of each bread slice with the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter. Lay 6 slices, buttered side down, on a work surface, and arrange 3 or 4 steak slices on each one. Top each with 1/4 cup scrambled eggs and 1 cheese slice. Top with another bread slice, buttered side up.
Place 2 sandwiches on the panini press and close the lid. Cook until the sandwiches are nicely grill-marked and the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Serve with hot sauce.
You'll also love
- Ham Delights 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken & Bacon Pasta with Spinach... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwiches 4.4/5 (18 Votes)