Slow Cooker Full Chicken Dinner
Make your entire dinner in the slow cooker! Chicken thighs with potatoes and veggies make for a delicious supper -- in only 4 1/2 hours!
- Slow Cooker Size:
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- cooking oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 pound green beans, ends snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce (not paste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Coupons
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6-quart or larger
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 300mins
Adapted from themagicalslowcooker.com
Set a pan on the stove top and set to medium high heat. Add enough cooking oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot, brown the chicken on both sides, you don't need to cook the meat through.
Add the diced potatoes and green beans to the bottom of the slow cooker, toss them together to combine them.
Add the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and green beans. Add the garlic. Drizzle over the tomato sauce, then sprinkle over the salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Take a spatula and smear around the sauce trying to combine the seasoning into the sauce.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 1/2 hours. Do no open the lid during the cooking time or the potatoes will not get tender.
Serve and enjoy!
PREP TIME: 25 mins
COOK TIME: 4 hours 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 4 hours 55 mins
Author: Sarah Olson
You'll also love
- French Onion Meatballs & Smashed... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Ham, Green Beans & Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Cookies 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Hanukkah Rugelach 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Crock-Pot Roast Beef 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Pork Ragu 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- 4-Ingredient Pizza Bake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (22 Votes)