Beef Cabbage Soup
This was a favorite of Shoney's customers of which I am one until they changed their menu. Easy to make beef cabbage soup. Serve with crusty rolls.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 head medium cabbage, shredded
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, cut up into small pieces
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 (16-ounce) canned kidney beans
- 1 (28-ounce) canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can of water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Brown ground beef and drain.
Add remaining ingredients to ground beef, adding 28 ounces of water using the 28 ounce tomato can.
Bring to a boil and simmer for at least one hour or until veggies are tender.
You'll also love
- Pork Chops and Rice - Trisha... 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Shortbread Apple Crisp Topping 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- David Venable's Apple Crisp 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Substitute/homemade light corn... 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Meathead's Memphis Dust 3.7/5 (101 Votes)
- SIMPLE BEER-BRAISED CABBAGE WITH... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)