Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
By Side Passion
Genius! These individual Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes are an impressive way to serve this popular dessert.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup, drained, and 1/4 cup syrup reserved
- 1 (18-ounce) package yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Coat 24 standard (2.5-inch) muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar into each prepared muffin cup. Cut 2 pineapple chunks horizontally to create 4 wedge-shaped pieces. Arrange pineapple pieces over brown sugar to create "flower" petals.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting 1/4 cup pineapple syrup for 1/4 cup water. Spoon batter over pineapple in muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans or on wire rack to cool completely. Place cupcakes, pineapple side up, on serving plate. Place cherry half in center of each cupcake.
You'll also love
- Mexican Cornbread 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- One-Pot Swedish Meatballs with Egg... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- 1-Hour Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Skillet Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Peppermint Bark Red Velvet Cupcake... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cinnamon Cake with Cinnamon-Cream... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Self-Rising Pineapple Upside-Down... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)