Banana Cream Pie
- 1 1
- box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 to 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired
Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens; boil and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir about 1/4 cup hot mixture into egg yolks. Gradually stir yolk mixture into hot mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until mixture begins to bubble and is thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
Arrange banana slices in cooled baked shell. Pour cooled pudding over bananas. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours. Top with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Corn Crisps 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Glazed Flat Apple Pie 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Dreamy Orange Summer Fruit Dip 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Banana Caramel Cream Dessert 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut - Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Fluffy Banana Cream Pie 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie 4.3/5 (14 Votes)