Peach Sundaes With Bourbon-Pecan Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 large firm ripe peaches - (abt 1 1/4 lbs)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter - (3/4 stick)
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Place lemon juice in medium bowl. Peel and pit peaches. Slice thinly into bowl; toss to coat with lemon juice. Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
Add cream 1 tablespoon at a time and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in peaches, pecans and bourbon. Cook until sauce is heated through, stirring constantly, about 1 minute longer.
Scoop ice cream into bowls. Spoon sauce over and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.