Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate chip cookies and ice cream are everyone's favorite. Serve them together in an ice cream cake that will please young and old alike.
- 16 cups vanilla ice-cream
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate bits
- 10 dark chocolate Melts
Line one cake pan with four layers of plastic wrap, extending plastic wrap 4 inches over side of pan.
Working quickly, spoon ice cream into pan, pressing down firmly and smoothing surface. Fold plastic wrap over ice cream to enclose. Freeze 3 hours or overnight until firm.
Remove ice cream from pan, still wrapped in plastic; place on oven tray. Return to freezer.
Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease both cake pans.
Beat butter, extract and sugars in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat until combined. Transfer mixture to large bowl; stir in sifted flours, then chocolate bits.
Divide dough in half; press one half over base of one pan. Press remaining half over base of second pan, leaving a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap around edge of dough; push chocolate Melts onto top of dough.
Bake cookies about 20 minutes. Stand cookies in pans 20 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire racks to cool.
Place plain cookie on cake board; top with ice-cream cake then chocolate-topped cookie. Serve immediately.
Ice-cream cake and cookies can be prepared one day ahead. Store cookies in an airtight container. Use a serrated knife to cut the cake.
You'll also love
- Chai Tea Mix 4.3/5 (78 Votes)
- Chocolate Soup for Two 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Candy Corn Cake Pops 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Cookies with Maple... 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut... 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Blueberry Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)