Chocolate Thumbprint Kiss Cookies
Chocolate Thumbprint Kiss Cookies are best made with Hot Cocoa Creme filled Hershey's Kisses or something similar. This recipe is perfect to get kids in the kitchen. They can help you quickly add the kisses to the cookies. Serve these cookies warm from the oven with a tall glass of milk, some hot cocoa if you're serious about chocolate, or a nice cup of coffee. Chocolate kisses please and thank you!
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet mini morsels
- a sprinkling of granulated sugar for rolling
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 30 Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from hersheys.com
Beat butter with sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat in egg yolk, milk, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in morsels. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm.
Heat oven to 350°F.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll balls in granulated sugar, place on cookie sheet. Press thumb gently in the center of each cookie. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. While baking unwrap kisses.
When cookies are done, remove from oven and immediately and gently press unwrapped kisses into each thumbprint indention. Dust cookies with powdered sugar.
Best served warm.
You'll also love
- Rum & Coke Jello Shots 4/5 (180 Votes)
- Fruity Pebble Cupcakes 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.3/5 (75 Votes)
- Funfetti Cake Cheese Ball 4.4/5 (64 Votes)
- Halloween Witch Hat and Broom 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Scary Easy Werther's Caramel Apples 4.1/5 (89 Votes)
- Sunshine "Lemon Bars" 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies 4.4/5 (60 Votes)