Sweet Potato Tartlets
Frozen mini fillo (phyllo) shells are filled with a simple sweet potato filling then topped with a mini marshmallow and baked. These little gems are perfect for parties.
- 1 medium red sweet potato, cooked and mashed (3/4 to 1-cup) (I microwaved the potato)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (depends on how sweet your potatoes are)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (1.9-ounce) package ) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells (I used pre-baked Athens brand from Walmart)
- 15 miniature marshmallows
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, mash sweet potato with butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to a plastic ziptop bag, cut off a corner, and pipe filling into the tart shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with a marshmallow.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly browned.
My potato mixture was a bit dry so I used 2 tablespoons syrup and 1 tablespoon water to loosen it. It wasn't quite sweet enough for me so I added 1 teaspoon sugar too.
You'll also love
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Parfait 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Kahlua Banana Bread 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Buttery Garlic Herb Mashed... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheesecake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Spoonbread 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- 4th of July Fireworks Cake 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Dad's Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (18 Votes)