Cucumber and Baby Pea Salad
A light and flavorful salad with fresh herbs, baby peas and lemon juice for an excellent side to spicy dishes or as a picnic side to barbecue.
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup finely shredded basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound frozen baby peas, thawed (or fresh peas, or fava beans)
- 3 large seedless cucumbers (about 1 pound each)—peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. In a blender, combine the tofu, lemon juice, soy sauce and vinegar. Blend on medium speed until well blended.
2. Mix in the parsley and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, add the peas, (fava beans or edamame are good choices as well) and cucumbers. Add the dressing, stir to combine and serve.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Moroccan... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Rigatoni with Roasted... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Shrimp & Zucchini... 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Pea Salad with Bacon & Cheese 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cucumber Peach Salsa 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pea Salad - 4.4/5 (10 Votes)