Dark Cherry Merlot Sauce over Yogurt
We love the flavor of a tangy fro-yo with this sweet dark cherry sauce with a touch of merlot, but ice cream is also nice.
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- 2 cups unsweetened frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine cherries, merlot, brown sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
Lightly crush about half of cherries with a potato masher.
Reduce heat, and cook until reduced to about 1 cup. Let stand 5 minutes.
Spoon warm cherry sauce over ice cream.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Crunch Dump Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Incredible Coconut Cake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- King Arthur's Carrot Cake 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Nanny's Thanksgiving Dressing 4.1/5 (60 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe