These Reese’s Cupcakes are a chocolate and peanut butter lover's dream! A surprise inside on the bottom of each chocolate cupcake is a full-sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Dig in!
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix, plus ingredients on box
- 18 regular size peanut butter cups
- 1 box Reese’s Pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
Mix cake batter according to box instructions.
Place a peanut butter cup at the bottom of each cupcake liner.
Spoon cupcake batter into cupcake liners, filling ¾ of the way.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until firm to the touch on top. Let cool.
Combine butter and peanut butter in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in vanilla extract. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream. Beat on high for a good 30 seconds.
Spread frosting onto cupcakes with an offset spatula or a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Sprinkle with Reese’s Pieces.