Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Bites
For leftover stuffing. About 4-5 slices per cup of stuffing.
- 16 slices thickly cut bacon
- 3-4 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- dried cranberries, optional
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. If using pecans, walnuts, or cranberries, fold them into leftover stuffing until totally incorporated.
3. Take 1 spoonful of stuffing and roll it into a ball or log.
4. Lay bacon out on a clean surface and place stuffing log on one end. Carefully roll stuffing up in bacon and use a toothpick to secure.
5. Repeat with remaining stuffing bites, then transfer them to a baking sheet (with rack) and set on top of a lined baking tray.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, paprika and oregano until combined.
7. Gently press sugar mixture onto the bacon bites, then place baking sheet in oven.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. (Depending on thickness of bacon, this time may be reduced considerably)
9. Remove from oven and serve hot.