If you've never eaten onions baked like this...boy, are you in for a treat! We call these baked onions "Lovin' Onions," 'cause just one bite and you're going to be lovin' them! (You'll also love how easy they are.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 onions, coarsely chopped (about 7-cups)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (5-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (5-ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon jarred jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions and sauté about 10 minutes, or until softened.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of each cheese; mix well. Add jalapeño peppers, if desired, and cooked onions; mix well. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining cheese and sprinkle evenly over onion mixture.
Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Key Lime Pie Martini 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Blow Your Mind Banana Pudding 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Garlic Butter & Mushrooms Baked... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chai Masala Pumpkin Pie 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Focaccia Flatbread with Onions and... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon-Glazed Sweet Potatoes 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Mini Potato Kugel Cups 3.8/5 (25 Votes)