Blooming Onion Bread
Cheesey garlic and onion bread is served warm. It is so yummy you might just eat it all! Serve as a side or as an appetizer - there won't be any leftovers!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, unsliced
- 12 -16 ounces monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 ⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 ⁄2 cup green onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Insert cheese slices between cuts.
Combine melted butter, garlic, onion, and poppy seeds. Pour over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Japanese Steakhouse Fried Rice 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Blueberry Angel 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon with Orange... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Oriental Ramen Broccoli Cole Slaw 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- super easy beef and cabbage soup 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Alton Brown's Jerky Marinade 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple-Onion Tarts 4.6/5 (21 Votes)