Dr. Pepper Jalapeno Beef Jerky
This Dr. Pepper Jalapeno Beef Jerky is finished off while it's still warm in a zip-lock bag not fully sealed. The jerky will steam in the bag slightly and this step will make the jerky deliciously moist. The jerky will last 3 to 4 days on the counter or 2 weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) beef eye of round roast thin sliced against the grain
- 2 cups Dr. Pepper
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 270mins
In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by half. You should have just over a cup of marinade. Chill the marinade completely.
Transfer the sliced beef to a gallon sized zip top bag and pour in the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours, or overnight.
Preheat your smoker or oven to approximately 170°F.
Remove the meat from the marinade and dry each strip thoroughly by laying on paper towels. Transfer the strips to the grill grate, jerky rack, or cooling rack and smoke/cook for 2 to 3 hours (depending on the thickness of your slices, some thicker pieces can take 4 to 5 hours). Check often after the first hour to be sure your jerky is drying evenly. You are looking for jerky that is firm and still slightly pliable, but not soft. If you bend your jerky and it breaks, you've cooked it a little too long.
Place the finished jerky in a gallon zip top bag while it is still warm. Don't seal closed all the way. The jerky will steam in the bag slightly and this step will make the jerky moist. The jerky will last 3 to 4 days on the counter or 2 weeks in the fridge.
You'll also love
- Creamy Italian asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RUM MANGO BBQ SAUCE 3/5 (1 Votes)
- 20 Minute Shrimp & Sausage Skillet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE RISOTTO 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Comforting Beef Barley Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beefy burger casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Duck with Apple Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bread Machine Calzone Crust 0/5 (0 Votes)