Beefy burger casserole
- 1 lb. hamburger (I actually will make more than 1 pound, because my husband likes it with extra hamburger!)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 can Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can Hunt’s tomato sauce
- 1 can Pennsylvania Dutch sliced mushrooms
- 1 can Hunt’s diced tomatoes
- Pearl diced black olives
- Kraft shredded cheese
In large skillet, cook hamburger and onions until hamburger is no longer pink. Set aside.
In a baking dish, press biscuits into bottom of dish, forming the bottom crust.
Spread tomato sauce over biscuits. Spread hamburger, mushrooms, black olives and tomatoes over tomato sauce then sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at temperature shown on biscuit can. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer than biscuit can says, or until biscuits are cooked through. (be careful not to burn bottom of biscuits!)
Note: Pepperoni, Canadian bacon or sausage can be substituted for the hamburger!