Strawberry Rhubarb Slump
- 1 pint strawberries, green tops removed, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups cut-up rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
In a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, combine the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium heat at a simmer for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the milk and quickly combine. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the surface of the slightly simmering fruit. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered, then place a lid on and cook another 10 minutes.
Serve in shallow bowls, topped with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Lemon-Shrimp Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Spinach-Artichoke Strata 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Campfire Bacon with Maple-Citrus... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato and Pea Samosas with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Blueberry Shortcakes with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Goat Cheese, Cranberry, and Walnut... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rhubarb, Strawberry, Apple Quinoa... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Peach, Rhubarb and Ginger Crisp 4.8/5 (5 Votes)