Potluck German Apple Cake Recipe
All of the flavors of fall in this traditional German Apple Cake, but delicious year round!
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in apples and nuts.
Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Spread over cake. Refrigerate leftovers.
You'll also love
- German Apple Cake 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Grandma's German Apple Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Brown-Butter Shrimp 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Tartlets 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Banana Cheesecake Pot Stickers 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- 1-Hour Cinnamon Rolls 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)