German Apple Cake
- tsp vanilla (mix together), then add:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup veg oil (beat with eggs until foamy), add
- 1-3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- tsp baking soda (mix all together) add:
- 4 cups thinly peeled and sliced apples (about 4 – I use Granny Smith)
- 1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3 TBL melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
Adapted from passionatepastry.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Add vegetable oil to eggs in mixer and beat until foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix. Now, add the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix together. Add thinly sliced apples by folding in with a spatula. The batter will be very thick but this is normal and there will seem to be more apple then batter. Again, this is what you want.
Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Mix ingredients til smooth. Add a little milk if too thick.