How to Make Beer Cheese Sauce
Add some pizazz to your appetizer spread with this warm beer cheese sauce. Makes a great dip for chips, pretzels, veggie sticks or add it to your hot dogs or hamburgers to kick them up a notch. No matter how you use it the results are the same... DELICIOUS!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pale ale
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
Adapted from ehow.com
Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
Whisk in the flour and cornstarch.
Whisk in the milk, pale ale, mustard powder and hot pepper sauce. Allow to come to a very low simmer but do not boil.
A handful at a time, add the cheese and whisk until completely melted before adding more cheese. Repeat until all the cheese has been added.
Add to a serving bowl and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream -... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bars with Maple Browned... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- The Very Best Homemade Beef Jerky 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Black Bean, Rice & Veggie Salad 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Sugar Recipe 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Lemon Sauce for Pancakes 4.2/5 (33 Votes)