Frozen Champagne Cream in Chocolate Cups with Chocolate Sauce
Decadent dessert for a special occasion. Homemade chocolate cups are filled with a creamy champagne ice cream and topped with a homemade warm chocolate sauce.
- CHOCOLATE CUPS:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 (1/3-cup) fluted paper cupcake liners
- CHAMPAGNE CREAM:
- 3/4 cup brut Champagne
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 6 tablespoons brut Champagne
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 660mins
Partially melt chocolate in top of double boiler set over hot, not boiling, water. When chocolate is about half melted, remove from heat and let stand to melt completely (temperature of melted chocolate should not exceed 95°F). Dip small brush into chocolate and paint inside of cupcake liners, building up sides thickly or cups will break when paper is removed. Invert onto baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze until hardened. Carefully peel off paper; set cups aside in cool area.
Combine 1/2 cup Champagne with sugar in small saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat, washing down any sugar crystals clinging to sides of pan using pastry brush dipped in cold water. Continue boiling without stirring until syrup registers 236°F (soft ball stage) on candy thermometer.
Meanwhile, beat egg yolks in large bowl on high speed of electric mixer until light and lemon colored. When syrup is correct temperature, add to yolks in thin steady stream, beating constantly until mixture is tick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Gradually blend in remaining 1/4 cup Champagne. Chill until mixture is thick but not stiff.
Whip cream in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold into Champagne mixture. Cover and set in freezer overnight.
Combine ingredients except butter in small saucepan and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Whisk in butter. Remove from heat and keep warm.
To serve, spoon some Champagne cream into each chocolate cup. Spoon additional cream onto chilled dessert plate. Center with chocolate cups. Drizzle some chocolate sauce over cream on plate (no in cup) and serve immediately.
(Sauce should not be made ahead)
You'll also love
- Amish Onion Patties 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cheesecake Stuffed Apples 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Bacon-Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Goat Cheese, Cranberry & Walnut... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Moms Divinity 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Cornmeal Pancakes with Rasperry... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Your New Avocado Toast 4.7/5 (12 Votes)