Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken
Delicious and full of bold flavors, this balsamic chicken is easy to make but fancy enough when you have company. Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper to season chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from cookiesandcups.com
Season the raw chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. When skillet and oil are hot, place the chicken in the skillet evenly. Cook the chicken on one side for 5 minutes until browned, flip the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes.
Add the garlic and the mushrooms into the pan and stir to combine. Work the mushrooms under the chicken, so the chicken is sitting on top of the mushrooms. Cook this for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add in the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Then uncover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly. Lastly add in the butter and cook for 2 more minutes.
Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Orange Scones 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Maruya (Banana Fritters 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Zucchini... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Mojo Grilled Chicken Breasts 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- PASTA - Creamy Garlic Herb... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini-Garlic Pasta 4.3/5 (8 Votes)