5-Ingredient Chocolate Almond Energy Balls
These chewy energy balls taste like chewy brownie batter with a crunchy and salty almond coating – perfect for a healthy snack or workout fuel!
- 16 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla coconut milk, So Delicious brand
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted almonds, finely chopped or- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from thefitchen.com
Food process almonds until finely ground, almost like flour but slightly more chunky. Then empty the processed almonds onto a small plate and set aside.
Remove pits from dates and food process them until they're stuck together in a large mass. Empty the dates into a bowl.
Add cocoa powder and use your hands to work it into the dates.
Add coconut milk and continue mixing.
Lastly, add cashews with sea salt and continue kneading until combined.
Roll the cocoa-date-nut mixture into small balls about 1-inch in diameter. Then roll each in the almond meal and set aside. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Unsaturated fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Sugar: 11 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 3 g
You'll also love
- Guacamole with Roasted Tomatillos... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- French-Style Cream Cheese Spread 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Gluten Free Moong Dal Bread 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Wing... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage & Hash... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola Chicken... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Cheesy Bacon Dip 4/5 (32 Votes)