Honey-Lime Oat & Black Bean Salad
- 1 c oat groats (wheat berries sub)
- 1 c canned black beans rinsed drained
- 1 c cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ea salt & prpper
In large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boil, add oats. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until tender and no liquid remains, about 45 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, drain again.
Meanwhile whisk together oil, lime zest, lime juice, honey, chili powder, salt and pepper.
In large bowl combine oats, black beans, tomatoes, jalapeno pepper and onion. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
To serve, stir in avocado, sprinkle with cilantro.