Thai Chicken Coconut Soup - Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (I use Baby Bella)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 lbs skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 T Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 12-oz can coconut milk (not “light”, use full fat)
Pour oil into pot.
Turn on the Sauté mode.
Add the onion and sauté for 10 seconds before adding the chicken.
Sauté the chicken until the surface turns white.
Add the Thai curry paste, pepper flakes and mushrooms.
Stir to mix well.
Add the chicken broth and sugar.
Cover the pot and select High pressure for 10 minutes.
When it beeps, do a Quick Release.
When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully.
Stir in the coconut milk.
Serve over rice.
You'll also love
- Skillet Creamy Garlic Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Ginger-Sesame... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lemongrass Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zesty Chicken Tortilla Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arden's Chicken Curry (for 20+... 0/5 (0 Votes)