Pan Seared Tilapia in White Wine Lemon Sauce
Try this delicious and healthful recipe for an easy weeknight dinner! It's perfect for mild spring evenings served with a simple salad.
- 1 frozen or fresh tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 pat of butter
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, such as Mrs. Dash
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cut the tilapia fillet in half so you have two smaller pieces. Make sure to really pat the fish down with the paper towel so that you get a really good sear. It should be relatively dry to the touch (or as dry as possible for a fish to be.)
Dredge the two pieces lightly in the flour and shake off the rest. It should just be a thin white dusting of flour. Now season each side with seasoning salt and put to the side.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and place the fish in. Season the fish with the sea salt and sear on both sides until the fish develops a nice brown color and is white in the center. Now splash in the white wine and the butter and stir around. The sauce will thicken very quickly due to the fish being dusted in the flour. Remove the fish from the pan, pour sauce over fish, and squeeze with some lemon for a burst of freshness.
I served my fish with a salad made of arugula, red onion sliced thinly, and some toasted almonds. I whipped up a quick vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped garlic, salt and pepper). This recipe is super healthy and extra delicious.
You'll also love
- Tortellini Yum 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- CHICKEN & POTATOES AU GRATIN/Jen 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Fresh Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Shrimp 'n' Gravy Charleston Style 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cherry-Orange pull apart breakfast... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- OLD FASHIONED APPLESAUCE SPICE CAKE 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon Curd & Blueberry Loaf Cake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (25 Votes)