OLD FASHIONED APPLESAUCE SPICE CAKE
- 1 package Signature Spice Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (21 oz.) can of apple filling or 1 1/4 cups of applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 container Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Adapted from duncanhines.com
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour 13"x 9" pan.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into bake pan.
3. Bake at 350 ºF for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack. Turn right-side up. Cool completely.
4. For frosting, combine frosting and cinnamon;. Stir until blended. Spread over cooled cake.