Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
- 12 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough, chilled
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd or lemon pudding
1. Preheat oven to 350. Take a mini muffin tin (one that has 24 openings) and spray it with Pam. Scoop two teaspoonfuls of sugar cookie dough into each opening and press it down and up the sides to form little cups.
2. Bake them for about 10-12 minutes at 350 - just until the edges start to turn golden. Don't worry if they puff up in the pan and look like regular cookies - they will sink back down as they cool. Let them cool for 30 minutes - if they aren't sinking obediently after 15 minutes nudge them down in the center a little with your thumb. When they have cooled off, loosen them by gently turning the edges like you are turning a dial - this way they will pop out nicely later.
3. Separate your eggs, give the yolks to your dog, and take the whites and beat them in the mixer until they are frothy, about a minute. Then add the cream of tartar, turn the mixer up to high, and beat the for three minutes, adding the sugar one tablespoon at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
4. Put one teaspoonful of lemon curd in each cookie cup, spreading it to the side a little. Top each with about a tablespoon or so of meringue. Return the muffin tin with your baby pies in the oven and broil it for about a minute - just until the meringue barely starts to turn gold in spots. Take them back out, let them rest about 10 minutes, and remove carefully from the pan.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)