Apple & Allspice Sticky Buns
Nothing beats a warm apple sticky bun with allspice flavors first thing in the morning to kick of a great day!
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, divided
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups peeled Granny Smith apples, diced
- 2/3 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 42mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In small bowl cover raisins with hot water, set aside.
In another bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 teaspoon allspice and salt, mix well.
Using a a box grater, finely grate in half the cold butter. With two knives or cool fingertips, mix until mixture resembles coarse meal.
In small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture to combine. Turn mixture onto lightly floured surface and knead just until it comes together. Roll dough I to large 10 x 15-inch rectangle. Cover with a damp tea towel
In a bowl, toss the remaining allspice with the apples, walnuts, half the brown sugar and well drained plumped raisins. Melt remaining butter and brush it liberally over the dough ( reserve the excess). Sprinkle the dough evenly with half the apple mixture. Roll up into tight log. Pinch ends together and trim off; cut remaining log into 12 pieces. Cover again with damp towel.
Brush 12 cup muffin tin with reserved butter.
Combine remaining melted butter, brown sugar, apple mixture and maple syrup and spoon a little into each cup. Set a bun overtop apple mixture and press lightly to secure. Place muffin tine on parchment lined baking sheet ( to catch drips) and bake on center rack until golden and bubbling, 22 to 25 mins.
Let cool slightly, turn onto a platter and serve warm or store in airtight container for 5 days.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls 3.8/5 (977 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.2/5 (744 Votes)
- Banana Bread Brownies 3.8/5 (719 Votes)
- 7-Up Chicken in Crock Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Microwave Chicken Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paglia e Fieno 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zeppole Di San Guiseppe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian-Style Sufganiyot,... 0/5 (0 Votes)