Steamed Moist Banana Cake
- 4 eggs
- 170 grm ( 3/4 cup)sugar
- 170 grm (3/4 cup) melted butter or vegetable oil (or mixture of butter and vegetable oil)
- 300 grm bananas (weighed without skin) or 2-3 super big bananas
- 250 grm (2 cups) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a big bowl, set aside. Melt the butter in a pot and set aside to cool. Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl and set aside.
Using cake-mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow.
Add in melted butter/oil, mix well using a spatula.
Add in mashed bananas, mix well using a spatula.
Finally fold in sifted flour mixture using a spatula.
Prepare the steamer 10 minutes in advance and make sure the water is boiling before you put in the cake. Lined the base of the cake pan with baking paper and greased both the base and the sides with baking spray/oil.
Pour the cake butter into a lined and greased 8-inch round cake pan and steam at high heat for 45-50 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cajun Cabbage Stew 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Creamed Chipped Beef 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Vegan Apple Turnovers 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Healthy Banana Waffles 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Super Moist Zucchini Bread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Dessert, Cake: Banana Cake with... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Moist Fluffy Coconut Cake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)