Pureed Celery Root, Parsnips And Potatoes
- 1 celery root, celeriac - (16 oz) trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 pound parsnips trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
Cook celery root and parsnips in large pot of boiling salted water until beginning to soften, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes; cover and cook until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes longer. Drain well.
Transfer vegetables to processor. Add milk; puree until almost smooth. Return puree to same pot; stir over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in butter. Transfer to bowl; serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Per serving: calories, 155; total fat, 3 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 7 mg.
You'll also love
- Whipped Potatoes & Parsnips with... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted parsnip crisps 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Celery Root with Apples, Walnuts... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Celery Root Salad-German... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)