Giant White-Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Think big -- real big. This outsize crisp-chewy treat is rich with buttery pecans and enjoyably large chunks of creamy white chocolate.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups dark-brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda to combine.
Beat butter and sugars on medium speed until very light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg, then egg yolk, until thoroughly incorporated. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined (do not overmix). Beat in white chocolate and pecans until just combined.
Place scoops of dough 3 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets with a 4-ounce (2 3/4-inch) ice cream scoop. (If you don't have a 4-ounce scoop, measure level 1/2 cups of dough and roll them into balls.) Gently press to flatten.
Bake cookies, rotating pans and switching racks halfway through, until golden but still soft in center, about 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheets.
Serve warm, or transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Mini Orange Angel Food Cakes 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Date Ball Cookies 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Cookies 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Crustless Chocolate Raspberry... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Jenn’s Pistachio-Cranberry... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies 4.1/5 (47 Votes)