White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Bread cubes are baked in an egg custard laced with white chocolate, then served with a rich semi-sweet chocolate sauce for a warm, comforting dessert.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING:
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/4 ” slices and dried in oven
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings (to garnish)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Preheat oven to 275°F.
Spray a casserole dish large enough to hold the bread and egg mixture with non-stick vegetable spray.
Being careful not to burn the mixture, heat cream & add chocolate in a double boiler. Stir until melted and remove from the heat.
Also in a double boiler, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla and heat until till just warm.
Pour this into white chocolate mixture and blend.
Place the bread in the baking dish & pour half the cream mixture over the bread.
Let it absorb for a few minutes & pour remaining cream mixture over the pudding.
Cover with foil & bake for 1 hour.
Remove foil & bake 15 minutes longer, or until top is golden.
In a double boiler, melt 8 ounce white chocolate with the cream.
Remove from the heat & stir until blended.
To serve: Let the pudding cool to room temperature (can be served warm or chilled).
Cut into serving pieces & spoon the warm sauce over the servings.
Top with chocolate shavings.
You'll also love
- Corn Pudding 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- No Bake Cream Cheese & Coconut... 4.2/5 (98 Votes)
- Chocolate Soup for Two 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Crock Pot Christmas Crack 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfait* 4.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Patriotic Berry Trifle 4.5/5 (51 Votes)