Crock Pot Tuna Casserole
While the recipe calls for a raw egg, it will hard cook in it's shell in the slow cooker.
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) cream of celery soup
- 2 cans (5 oz each) tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 raw egg, uncracked and thoroughly washed and dried
- 8 oz hot cooked egg noodles
- Plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 T chopped fresh Italian parsley
Stir soup, tuna, water, carrots, onion and pepper into slow cooker.
Place whole, unpeeled egg on top.
Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
Remove egg; stir in pasta.
Cover; cook on HIGH 30 to 60 minutes or until onion is tender.
Meanwhile, mash egg in small bowl; mix in bread crumbs and parsley.
Top casserole with bread crumb mixture.