- 1 1/2 lb.fresh asparagus, trimmed, or other vegetables, (see below)see savings
- 2 Tbsp.chopped fresh herbs or 2 tsp. dried herbs, crushed (optional)
- 2 Tbsp.extra-virgin olive oilsee savings
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz.Parmesan cheese, shaved
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a heavy shallow baking pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss asparagus with herbs, oil, salt, and pepper.
3. In the hot baking pan spread asparagus in a single layer. Return to oven. Roast, uncovered, until spears are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 10 to 12 minutes, depending on spear thickness, stirring once during roasting.
4. Remove baking pan from oven. With tongs, transfer asparagus to a serving platter. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
test kitchen tip
Use dried Italian seasoning or a combination of dried herbs, such as thyme, oregano, or rosemary