spinach carbonara pizza
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- 6 slices bacon, divided
- 8 cups (2 L) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 oz (30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) jarred Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz/250 g), divided
- Additional coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Unroll dough over bottom of lightly greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Gently stretch and press dough to cover bottom of pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust begins to brown; remove from oven.
Meanwhile, slice bacon into 1/4-in. (6-mm) pieces; cook in sauté pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels. Place spinach and garlic into microwave safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Carefully remove lid; press spinach to side of bowl; blot excess moisture with paper towels and set aside.
Grate Parmesan cheese using; set aside. Finely chop half of the bacon using a food chopper/processor. Combine Alfredo sauce, chopped bacon and black pepper in a bowl; mix well.
To assemble pizza, spread sauce to edges of crust; top with half of the mozzarella cheese, spinach mixture and remaining bacon. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and additional black pepper, if desired.
Bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cut pizza into squares and serve.