Sous Vide Scallops (bacon-wrapped scallops)
- 8 scallops (preferably large, diver scallops)
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1-2 T shallots, chopped
- thyme leaves (from 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme)
Adapted from tinyurbankitchen.com
Wrap each scallop with one slice of bacon. Put the scallops in a single layer in the vacuum bag. Add thyme and chopped shallots. Seal under vacuum in a plastic bag according to the manufacturer's instructions (I used Foodsaver).
*For regular scallops, just season with salt and pepper and seal them in the bag*
For medium rare scallops (preferred), cook at 125 °F (52 °C) in a water bath for about 20-40 minutes.
For medium scallops (still delicious), cook at 140 °F (60 °C) in a water bath for about 20-40 minutes.
The benefit of cooking at 140 °F is that you can cook it with other items (such as chicken breast) that need to be cooked at that temperature at the same time.
Remove the scallops from the bag, dry well with paper towels, and briefly sear in a pre-heated grill pan on high heat just until nicely browned. Serve!
You'll also love
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Crustards 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb Ravioli with Sage Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock-Pot Bacon Wrapped Beef... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with Egg 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream of Crab Broccoli Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jiffy Scalloped Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)