Chrissy Teigen's Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Chrissy Teigen is a self-proclaimed soup master, and this recipe is proof. Scoop up the tender potatoes and carrots in this delicious soup with homemade crust.
- PIE CRUST:
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 large russet (Idaho) potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound diced carrots (2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1/4 pound deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1 pound skinless rotisserie chicken meat, cubed (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
You might think the butter is cold, but after you cube it, put it back in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
In a food processor, pulse the flour and sea salt until incorporated. Add the cold butter and pulse until just pea-size pieces of butter remain, 15 to 20 pulses. Add the ice water and pulse until a dough just forms, 15 to 20 pulses.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the disc into a 12-inch round (it doesn’t have to be perfect). Prick it all over with a fork. Put the dough, with the parchment, on a baking sheet and bake until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes.
In a saucepan, bring the broth and milk to a simmer and keep at a simmer.
In a big soup pot, heat the butter over medium-high heat until foamy. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the flour, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until toasty and foaming, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the broth-milk mixture, slowly at first, then add the salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the potato, carrots, peas, pearl onions, and ham and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir in the chicken and cream and heat through for 5 additional minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with the broken pie crust on the side.
You'll also love
- Ahi Tuna Tartare 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Pancakes 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Smoked Mozzarella Fondue 4/5 (5 Votes)
- New Mexico Pork Chili Carne Adovada 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Noodles - Pressure Cooker 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Whole Chicken and... 4/5 (24 Votes)