BBQ Roasted Whole Chicken with Thyme and Power Black Herbal Salt
Fresh thyme, a butter rub and a specialty sea salt are the keys to this delicious chicken cooked whole on the grill. It looks gorgeous and tastes even better!
- 1 small whole chicken
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Power Black Herbal Sea Salt or more to taste
Preparation time 65mins
Cooking time 155mins
Adapted from not-too-sweet.com
Wash chicken well and bind tightly with butcher's string.
Bunch thyme and bind it like a little smudge stick. Stuff under the string used to bind the chicken.
With your fingers, massage the unsalted butter into the skin of the chicken.
Sprinkle the sea salt over the chicken and rub into all the cracks and crevasses.
Place in fridge for about an hour to allow the salt to penetrate the skin.
Heat BBQ to 350°F. Place chicken in a baking dish lined with foil, cover and place on grill. Cook for about and hour and a half or until it is no longer pink inside.
Remove from grill and allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes covered. Carve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Cherry Rhubarb Dessert 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Taffy Apple Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Summer Sausage 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Grits, sausage & egg casserole 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Skillet Garlic-Rosemary Chicken... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Doctored Pickles 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Rhubarb Spice Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Prosciutto-Provolone Stuffed... 4/5 (2 Votes)