Chicken Noodles - Pressure Cooker
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 carrots, large dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb egg noodles, frozen such as Reames brand
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons stock
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Saute onion, celery and garlic until lightly browned. Add chicken, carrot, chicken stock, bay leaf, herbs & seasonings, and put pressure cooker lid on.
Bring to low pressure for 10 minutes and remove from the heat. Use a natural release method.
Remove pressure cooker lid when safe to do so. Broth should still be boiling & chicken should be starting to fall apart.
Return pot to burner over medium-high heat, add frozen egg noodles, and cook until almost soft.
When almost cooked, add cornstarch to chicken stock and stir to make a slurry. Add some of the slurry to the pot, stirring until it starts to thicken.
Remove sprigs of fresh herbs. Add peas & chopped parsley for color and juice of 1 lemon. Stir and serve.
You'll also love
- Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken and Rice Bake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken & Egg Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Instant Pot Gumbo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bahamian White Conch Chowder 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beer Can Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)