Mini Bacon & Potato Frittatas
- 2 cups baking potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh chives or scallions, chopped, divided
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 7 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- sour cream
- cooking spray
Adapted from thetwobiteclub.com
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and crumble.
Add the potatoes, onion, thyme and ¼ tsp salt to the bacon drippings and cook over medium high heat until potatoes are tender, appx. 8-10 minutes. Cool.
In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, eggs, bacon, remaining ¾ tsp salt, 2 tbsp chives, pepper and potato mixture.
Spray 36 mini muffin tins with cooking spray and spoon 1 tbsp of egg mixture into each muffin cup. (See notes below if you don't have mini muffin tins.) Bake for 16 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing them from the tin.
Top each frittata with ½ tsp of sour cream and chives.
If you don't have a mini muffin tin you can use a 13 x 9 pan, cook at 375° for 15 minutes, then cut into 36 squares.
Can be made the day before and then reheated just before serving.
Can be stored in the freezer for up to one month.
Source: Cooking Light
You'll also love
- Mason Jar Instant Noodles 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon- Honey-ginger 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach And Feta Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- PEACH STREULSEL 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Arugula, watermelon and feta salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Asian glazed chicken thighs 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Irish Lamb Stew 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken, Bacon, and Spinach... 4/5 (1 Votes)