Crown Roast Of Pork With Sausage Stuffing
- 1 crown roast of pork - (11-rib) abt 5 1/2 lbs
- Sausage Stuffing (see recipe)
- 2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry vermouth or white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 bacon slices cooked, crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in roasting pan. Cover rack with foil. Place pork atop rack. Roast pork uncovered 1 hour.
Butter 8- by 8- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Remove pork from oven; fill cavity with 1 1/2 cups stuffing, mounding in center. Transfer remaining stuffing to prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil. Moisten pork roast and stuffing in dish with total of 1/4 cup broth. Cover stuffing in pork cavity with foil.
Return pork to oven. Place stuffing in dish in oven. Roast pork and stuffing in dish until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155 degrees, basting roast occasionally with drippings, about 45 minutes for stuffing in dish and 55 minutes for roast. Transfer pork to platter and cover; let stand while preparing gravy.
Boil 1 3/4 cups broth and vermouth in large saucepan until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Mix 3 tablespoons butter and flour in small bowl. Whisk into broth mixture. Boil until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix in bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Carve pork between bones into chops. Pass gravy separately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.